Monday, February 28, 2011

Sharing is caring

Four years ago I became the proud owner of my very first digital SLR. Having found such a great deal my brother asked me to get one for my sister-in-law as well. They served us well for 3 wonderful years, but about a year ago the body to her camera started having issues and a few months later the lens to my camera came to a dramatic, heart-wrenching end. At this time I had a humble little photography business with actual gigs that required a full fledged camera. I, being the broke, pitiful person that I am, threw all dignity aside and begged Hillary to combine our working pieces into one functional camera. We now share custody of one single Nikon D40.

We've managed to make this work up until now. My sister-in-law takes her on the odd weeks and I take her on the even (actually we usually just alternate according to special family events). As fun as this may seem, I can't do it forever so I've been saving in hopes of a good deal magically passing me by.

Well kids, dreams really do come true because that day has finally come. This Friday I'm going to order my very own Nikon D5000. I'm movin' up baby!

1 comment:

  1. Woooo hoooo! Decided on the Nikon over the cannon huh? I was at Costco the other day and couldn't believe they had a Nikon for $2,000?!?! Glad you're getting one...I miss seeing your photography!

    ReplyDelete