Monday, February 14, 2011

Always. Not just a word but a promise.

Romance is lost to the 21 century! What happened to the days when a guy would slice up the hide of a sacrificial goat and smack a lovely lady of their choosing in the face with it?? ::sigh:: Those were the days!...
Luckily, I have a husband who gets this. He bought the goat and everything.

I realize I have yet to mention this "husband" so on this unimaginative, consumerist-oriented and entirely arbitrary, manipulative and shallow interpretation of romance day I will introduce you to the highlight of all that is Heather. My wonderful other half, Jeremiah. Be jealous.

 (Taken when we were around 17)

We met when I was 16. Admittedly, when we started dating I didn't really expect it to last long. I was only 16. I had no intentions of finding myself in a long, committed relationship. Fortunately for me, love doesn't come when you're looking for it. We dated for 3 years and on January 21, 2006 I married my best friend.

He's the kind of guy every girl is looking for. The kind that opens doors for me, buys me flowers without cause and cleans the house when I'm out preoccupied with other things. It's hard to believe, but this rare species of man does still exist. He's my everything and he's ALL mine.

Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment