Saturday, March 18, 2017

Two wrongs DO make a right!

But how do we know when it's right?



We're living in a very scary reality of a future generation that has no idea how to be an adult. Our children are being raised by phone addicted adult-children who believe responsibility means learning how to use the government as a crutch and a school system that's corrupted by common core teachings and high-rating motives.

Last week I was out shopping with my kids. My oldest, who's suddenly become THE connoisseur of fashion, was spending a lifetime in the changing room. Fortunately, this left some one on one with Hailey who was currently curled up in the shopping cart. An aftermath of wearing her first pair of "heels" during our long afternoon of shopping, I presume. She looked up at me with big blue eyes and said, "Mommy, I'm scared." Immediately my brow creased with confusion. "About what sweetie?" I asked. "About being an adult. What if I do it wrong?" As you can imagine, my first reaction is to think my parenting skills are severely lacking if this is the concern of an 8yr old but the beautiful nature of this question quickly flooded over my insecurities.

For the last 9 years, I've had a goal. (As can be seen in my previous post "30 kids and counting" many many years ago). It's wavered and distorted itself from time to time. On numerous occasions, it's taken flight then slipped through my fingers in the blink of an eye. It's even lost focus for a while, mutating inward. However, the overall passion and motivation have remained the same. This new generation is subconsciously crying out for help. They need guidance. They need an outlet. And they desperately need stability. 

These last few years of my 20's have been humbling at best. My resources have faded and I've burned a number of bridges along the way but the knowledge I've taken away from them were crucial in sculpting me for what's next. I finally see the tunnel that leads to where my true purpose is headed and I will not quit until it's fulfilled. -- Bursting with pride, I looked down at my doe-eyed little angel, put my finger under her chin and said, "There's nothing wrong with doing it wrong as long as you keep aiming to do it right." 

My dearest family and friends, I know over the years I've disappointed many of you and for that I am truly sorry. I come to you today with a humbled heart in knowing God still has this plan for me. If you feel so inclined, please keep my little family in your prayers as we take on this next chapter of our lives. And if anyone feels this same burden and is interested in knowing more, please please pleeeease feel free to contact me. As momma-Sue would say, I'm excited to finally put "the next right foot forward".

2 comments:

  1. Words of wisdom my friend, we've all been there a time or two. Thanks for the reminder to keep pushing foward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring and refreshing blog. You are a great mother. Never question or doubt that. I look forward to future blogs

    ReplyDelete